Thursday, January 17, 2013

Movies to watch at the cinema in 2013 !

I decided to make a list of the movies I am most eager to watch on the big screen in 2013 !

Note : As you will see , most of them are fantasy or sci-fi . The reason is simple - I  like to watch that kind of movies on the big screen in order to get  the " full experience" and appreciate better the sound and the visuals
There are other movies I want to see in 2013 , but for some of them I might wait for the DVD .( and that is because  1. I am on a student budget ....2. I have been living in Italy for a few years now but I am not still used to watch some of my favorite actors dubbed in Italian ... )

so here is -


 Which movies might make me go to the cinema in 2013 !
(ordered by release date ) 


Jack the Giant Slayer
Release dates : USA : 1 March ;  Italy 28 March ;  UK 22 March 
Why I want to see it
it might turn out to be the next ruined fairytale ... but it seems rather colorful and fun so I want to give it a try . Besides ,  there is Ewan McGregor in it ! 
Chances to actually go and see it  : 80%



Oz the Great and Powerful
Release dates :  Italy 7 March ; UK\USA 8 March ;
Why I want to see it : the visuals seems not to be exactly my type , the story seems predictable BUT there some good actors in the cast and since this is one of the few more "colorful" movies of this "covered with darkness" 2013 , I want to see it !
Chances to actually go and see it : 80%



Oblivion
Release dates :  11-12 April
Why I want to see it : Its simple : I like futuristic , sci-fi movies on a big screen ! ( and I haven't seen much of them lately ) I hope the story to be a little bit more original than the usual . We will see ...
Chances to actually go and see it : 60 %



 IronMan 3 
Release dates :  Italy 24 April ; UK 26 April ; USA 3 May

Why I want to see it : well , it's IronMan ! ( + the Mandarin and his rings ) . I haven't seen any of the other Iron Man movies at the cinema (only DVD )  so I want to see this one for sure ! Robert Downey Jr seems to be born to be Tony Stark . I am very interested to see how his character will develop ! and 3D IronMan flying around - this must be fun ! :)
Chances to actually go and see it : 100 %




The Great Gatsby
Release dates :  16-17 May

Why I want to see it : I have seen an older version of the Great Gatsby  and I am interested to see this one too .  I kind of like that time period  :)
Chances to actually go and see it : 60%




Star Trek Into Darkness
Release dates : UK\USA\ 17 May ;  Italy 6 June 
 Why I want to see it : For my surprise I did like the previous StarTrek so I am very eager to see this one ! There is Benedict Cumberbatch to make things even more intriguing so I can't wait to see this movie ! I am not such a big fan of StarTrek as I am of StarWars but I was following some of the TV episodes when I was younger and liked them a lot!  I will certainly enjoy to explore more of this universe . 
Chances to actually go and see it : 100%



Man of Steel 
Release dates : UK\USA\ 14 June May ;  Italy 19 June
 Why I want to see it : I spent a lot of time watching Superman on TV as a kid . I didn't find his colorful suit for ridiculous back then . I was very fond of him . I even saw some of the old Superman movies but the one from 2006 kind of disappointed me . Therefore I really hope this new approach to the story to be a good one !
Chances to actually go and see it : 100 %




The World's End
Release dates : UK 14 August ;  Italy  26 September ; USA 25 October

 Why I want to see it : because of the cast and because of Edgar Wright . Another important reason is that I went to such a pub, called "The World's End " in Edinburgh last spring . Lovely Place ! ;)
Chances to actually go and see it : 60 % ( but I will see it on DVD for 100% ! ) 




Thor: The Dark World
Release dates :  UK 30 October  ; Italy 7 November ; USA 8 November
Why I want to see it :
I liked the first movie and I want to see what Alan Taylor's vision will bring to the second one .I just love Thor and Loki , their conflicted relationship and disturbed family ! I really want to know how things will go for them after the Avengers ) .
Chances to actually go and see it : 100% ( + addition 100% cause there is Loki in it :P )



The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Release dates :  Italy 21 November ; UK\USA 22 November

Why I want to see it : Even though the first movie made me roll my eyes a few times  , I kind of enjoyed it . I like Jennifer Lawrence and she makes the movie for me . So If I have time I might as well see this second part as well .
Chances to actually go and see it : 50%




The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Release dates :  13 December
Why I want to see it : I am a HUGE Tolkien fan so this movie is a Must for me . I can't express how excited I am to see Smaug !!! I think technology had reached the point to give us the dragon we all have been waiting for ...
Chances to actually go and see it : 1000 % ( and more than once for sure ! )


What about you ? What are the movies that will make you go to the cinema in 2013 ? Is there any movie you can suggest me ? 

Note : the release dates are based on information from IMDb . 
from Viki


1 comment:

  1. I totally agree here, but I have to add 100% to Hunger games and Oz the Great and Powerful!
    I really NEED to see Iron Man 3, The Hobbit 2, Thor 2, Star Treck into the Darkness, and it's more than 100% certain I'll be there! I'll be the first one to book tickets in town, most likely (in London town - that says something).
    There are more films I look forward to this year, but I won't lis them here. I'll be writing reviews :D Next on the list is Warm Bodies.

    ReplyDelete