Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Gravity ( movie review )



Year :  2013
Genre : sci-fi , drama , triller 
Director: Alfonso Cuarón
 Main Cast : Sandra Bullock, George Clooney,
 Ed Harris

Gravity is for sure one of the most visually astonishing and trilling movies of the year . That’s all I can say without revealing any spoilers. The story is quite straightforward – it’s about surviving in conditions where no life could exist. More than that is about finding one’s personal will to live and one’s courage to keep fighting for one’s life no matter what .

Now from here on they might be some spoilers! Don’t say I didn’t warn you .

I didn’t find the story very “surprising” but nevertheless the movie was pretty intense. The most interesting aspect is the fact that Gravity is made in a way that makes the viewer feel really involved – as if it’s all happening to him / her.  
The 3D helps enhance the feeling of zero gravity and it’s a nice addition to the beautiful visuals of the film. Sandra Bullock’s character was too busy to fight for her life in order to just sit there and admire the view and we can’t really blame her for that – because Space is scary. Beautiful and terrifying ! ( that’s why I love it ) 


It was an interesting touch to make Sandra’s character to be someone who has “ no life” , who has lost the most precious thing a person can lose – her own daughter and still she finds in herself the will to fight for her live and to not give up .  I expected to see more of George Clooney but in any case he was in the movie just enough.


Probably it was only a matter of time now , with all these new technology , for someone to decide to bring us  “back to space” in a more frightening and realistic way.  It seems that this was the main idea of the creators of the film and I think they did a very good job .
I’ve always loved space and mainly went to see the movie for it’s visuals . I got want I went for and I am pretty happy with the movie. 


I suggest you to go see it on a big screen if you haven’t seen it yet – trust me , it just won’t be the same seeing it on your home TV , no matter how HD it is . 







photos from http://gravitymovie.warnerbros.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment